“This is the one I’ve chosen for you.”
That was the beginning of an end.
I sought answers.
I came up with very few.
So many coincidences. Stuff that wasn’t made up. Stuff that
meant something. Some being redemption of a past loss.
A relationship with someone who “got me.”
Exciting. Comfortable. Fun.
I kept being cautious telling God that “I could fall for
this guy.”
“Take him away if He isn’t from You.”
But he was still there.
Day after day. Month after month.
Yet he never let me in his life…
He wouldn’t tell his family about me
I didn’t meet his friends
I wasn’t a part of his life.
He would shut me out.
He kept me on the surface never letting me in deep.
He didn’t go out of his way to see me
He rarely asked me out.
But when we were together I felt like I was important to
him.
Everyday he texted me.
He said he cared.
He told me I was beautiful.
But he never let me inside his thoughts.
Inside his heart.
So is that the way we are with God?
Do we allow Him to touch the surface but never let Him in
deep?
Do we open our hearts, thoughts and lives to Him?
God pursues us first.
How far do we go to pursue Him?
Do we invite Him to our family?
Do we tell our friends all about Him?
Do we give Him our deep desires or just keep Him on the
surface?
I desired a deeper relationship with him.
I ended up empty.
With a dream.
A hope.
And nothing to show for it.
No relationship.
No love.
A broken heart.
So when God pursues me…
He desires a deeper relationship.
He often ends up empty.
With a dream.
A hope.
And nothing to show for it.
No relationship.
No love.
A broken heart.
Because I don’t let Him in.
I shut Him out.
I’ll give Him this or that but I don’t allow it to go deep.
How long would I have kept waiting for him to invite me in
his life?
How long will God keep waiting for me to invite Him into my
life?
No comments:
Post a Comment