Waiting…
So I’m in this waiting game. Well it’s not a game… it is
waiting on God to do what He is going to do and trying to be faithful to Him in
the meantime.
Waiting is not just sitting around doing nothing while God
is doing all the work. No actually it is hard work to wait. To not try and fix
things myself is hard. To not jump into what I think needs to happen is hard
work. To trust God for the very next step is hard work. To live in “believing”
and not in doubt is hard work. To speak life and not death over what is
happening is hard work. The living day by day not know the what, where, how and
when is hard work.
While waiting is hard, there is a peace in letting God do
the work. And knowing that whatever happens He will work it for my good (Rom
8:28) has peace in it. There is peace in believing He has a plan and is working
it all out. But it is hard to keep believing when things happen that doesn’t look
like they are flowing toward the goal you think is in the future. It is hard
work when it doesn’t come as fast as you think it should. It is hard work when doubt
creeps in and slaps you upside the head.
So what does God have to say about it?
Lamentations 3:24
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
Isaiah 64:4
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for
him.
Isaiah 30:18
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a
God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
Psalm 130:5
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
Psalm 40:1
I waited
patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until
the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will
expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise
from God.
Hebrews 6:15
And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received
what was promised.
In a previous writing I spoke of Abraham’s promise to become
the father of many nations. He was old, dried up, and Sara was unable to have
children, yet… God gave Abraham what He promised.
So while I sit here and evaluate… I know I must wait. I can either
wait on God and live in peace… or I can wait in anguish and try to figure
things out and live in constant turmoil.
It is my choice on how I wait.
I love the song by John Waller “While I’m Waiting” from the
movie Fireproof. It speaks so much of what I feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment