So this past year I’ve had the privilege to learn about
myself in new ways.
I learned how debris from my failed marriage still haunts
me.
I’ve learned that any story of my life is not like anybody
else’s story and that is okay.
I’ve learned that I have to keep God my first pursuit and
all else must come after. I’ve learned how much I need forgiveness.
I’ve learned that trust is hard when everything from my view
looks deceiving if stop and pull back and look at it from a different
perspective an issue can have a whole different meaning.
I’ve learned to lean on God and trust Him to fix things.
I’ve learned that when God gives you a word He gave it cause
sometimes that is the only thing you have to stand on when everything else
looks opposing.
I’ve learned to stand on what He impresses on me because He
really is working to fulfill my dreams.
I’ve learned He hasn’t forgotten me.
I’ve learned He wants me to experience a fraction of the intimacy
He desires to have with me.
I’ve learned that I can’t make plans or have expectations
because His timing is so much better and disappointments from my self-generated
expectations hurt.
I’ve learned that love isn’t emotion, or companionship or
dates or fantasies.
I’ve learned that I may not have tomorrow.
I‘ve learned that I need to live life today.
I’ve learned that my drop in the bucket can cause ripple
effects.
I’ve learned that encouragement is life.
I’ve learned a lot this year. It has not been easy. It has
not always been good. But God always uses my life to teach me. He always turns
my struggle into His victory.
Romans 8:28 (MSG)
26-28 Meanwhile, the moment we get
tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we
don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and
for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us
far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us
present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives
of love for God is worked into something good
Jeremiah 29:11-14a
(NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have
for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm
you, plans to give you hope and a future.12 Then you
will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to
you.13 You will seek me and find me when you seek
me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,”
declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.
Thank you Lord for teaching me!
No comments:
Post a Comment